Mr brother’s birthday is on Halloween so I think it’s safe to say I’ve seen and thrown my fair share of Halloween and fall themed parties. We’ve spent many hours throughout the years scouring the internet and Pinterest so you don’t have to, for the best family party games. Here are our favorites you need to add to your Halloweekend! Plus maybe a few easy party treats.
Mummy Wrapped One-Legged Race
You’re going to want everyone in teams of two. At the count of 3, one partner wraps the legs of the other with toilet paper (or white streamer). The “mummy” has to jump to the finish line without ripping the toilet paper. Whoever runs across the finish line first without any rips, wins!
Pumpkin bowling is a classic, and one that can be done pretty easily for anyone! All you need is a pumpkin (maybe a couple just in case) and some sort of pins to knock down. Get creative! A cute idea is to add little eyes and a mouth to toilet paper rolls and stack them up to knock them down. But any sort of pins/stack could work!
Name That Tune
Choose some of your favorite Halloween tunes or movie intros to your playlist. Have two groups and a DJ and see which team can name the most songs! Some fun song examples:
- Addams Family Theme
- Stranger Things Theme
- Ghost Busters
- This is Halloween
- Monster Mash
Obviously you can’t forget the classics as a viable option that everyone will love. Apple bobbing, pumpkin carving contests, cookie decorating, the list could continue! Below are a few of my favorite quick and easy snake recipes to include in your festivities!
- Ghost/Mummy Dipped Pretzels
- Simply microwave white candy melts and 1 tsp. coconut oil in 20-second increments, stirring until melted and smooth. Then, dip ends of pretzel rods two-thirds of the way in candy melts, shaking off excess, and place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Let set until firm. Use black edible marker or melted milk chocolate to create your ghost faces. For a mummy, instead of ghost faces, drizzle melted chocolate to look like mummy wrappings.
- Rice Krispie Treat Pumpkins
- Monster Eyeball Pretzels
- We make these pretzels all year around! They are great and easily customizable for any holiday.
- Melting a rolo in between two pretzels is also a great treat.